BD increases Employee Engagement with Power Platform Solution by Dataworks
Employee Reward & Recognition Program
BD is passionate about advancing the world of health™. Core to their success are their values and behaviours. The Bravo program in Ireland is a very successful program that empowers associates to reward their co-workers for living the BD values in their work. The existing paper-based process and lack of visibility to metrics made it difficult to reward the behaviours which are central to the culture that BD espouses. Dataworks selected Power Platform to digitise this process and unlock its full potential, doubling engagement and providing key insights.
The existing process was time consuming. Associates completed paper forms and located a manager for written sign-off. Forms were collected, logged in Excel and certificates printed. The delay from submission to approval was lengthy and risked low employee engagement. BD also wanted the ability to access and mine the nomination data in depth allowing them to report and view relevant metrics.
Dataworks recognized that a great user experience, flexibility and powerful data reporting were three critical success factors for this solution. Using Power Platform, they could deliver every aspect of that brief in an efficient, scalable solution. Power Apps provided the platform for intuitive data entry. Power Automate was used to build a configurable approvals process that integrated with email and MS Teams. Power BI provided powerful data reporting.
- The new user-friendly solution immediately led to better engagement and enhanced the overall culture and buy in to the Bravo program.
- Within 6 months twice as many nominations were processed by the system.
- Technology is often thought about as automating a business process – this is proof that MS Power Platform was the enabler in the successful deployment and management of a very human facing system.
- Power BI reports are particularly rewarding for the program administrators providing immediate visibility both on individual applications as well as high level trends and monetary value of the scheme.
- Power Automate cut approvals process time per nomination from 20 minutes to just 2 minutes for submission and approval ensuring employees were recognised for their efforts in a timely manner.
“The project was a huge success. From a user-friendly nomination form, a streamlined approval process and a dashboard with reports the Power Platform provided the range of tools to exceed our requirements” David Clerkin, Senior Engineering and Operations Manager
Contact us to learn more about the detail of this project and others that we have delivered to address the issues of data accuracy, time and visualisation when using Excel and paper based processes.
To stay up to date with Dataworks Limited news and events, connect with us via the links below:
DATAWORKS – Driving Digital Transformation in the worlds’ Leading Life Science Companies